Wednesday, October 31, 2007

His Girl Friday

I think that this movie is a nice movie. People talk really fast and sometimes I have a hard time understanding them. I think that movie really showed me how it was like when a girl is being loved by two men. This movie doesn't really showed the romantic comedy because most of the part there are no romantic scene. Only the scene toward the end of the movie, is the only romantic part I see so far. I would called it a screwball comedy more. I see that Hildy is a very strong woman that can control people around her. When she is a specific person the way she talk changed. Like when Hildy is with Walter they talk really fast and forcefully, most of the time the way they talk look like they are having a problem. But when she is talking to Bruce, she talk slow and nicely. Hildy also wear a costume that look not so lady like. Like she wear a hat that look like a news reporter hat. This movie really make me feel that love is something that is so difficult to understand. It is also very hard too to maintain the love of someone. May be in the beginning that person loves you, but in the end that person end up marrying the others rather than you. Love is so difficult thing for me. But I like this movie, but the scene towards the end is quite confusing.

2 comments:

Waylon T. said...

The scene towards the end is quite confusing, just so many things happen at the same time. The ending was not unexpected, but I thought it could have done a better job reaching to that point rather than watching Hildy suddenly change her mind and turn into a completely different person than the person we were introduced to at the beginning of the film.

TedK said...

The way Walter made Hildy change her mind in the end makes me think he is a sith lord from Star Wars. I spend way too much time thinking of sci-fi to know how love works though. I like that keen observation about how differnt people alter Hildy's mood by being around her.